Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- The lives we didn’t live.
- Monday morning eyes
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 378,580 hits
Tag Archives: Arvon Township School
Hello, dear friends and readers. Isn’t the rainbow photo truly lovely? It’s a picture taken by Anne, our county treasurer, just after a recent rainstorm. It’s the little K-6 elementary school where I work. Perhaps our tiny school is the … Continue reading
Imagine you’re a six-year-old in 1911. You live on a farm about a mile from the nearest neighbor. It’s time for you to be educated, Ma says. You’ve got new shoes–your first shoes ever–and you’ll walk with your big brother … Continue reading
It’s my daughter’s fault. She ignited a memory this morning, a very cherished memory of our children’s elementary years. As many of you know, we live in a small township with about 460 residents (down twenty folks since the 2000 … Continue reading
Let’s pretend we’re back in school and our teacher said, “Write a story about what you did today.” This blog is the story of my day. (Yes, yes, many blogs are stories about my day. But this one has photographs … Continue reading
Hello readers! This is the second in a series of introductions. Did you remember I promised (way back in August) to introduce you to some of the regular blog readers/commenters ? The first one was Laurie Buchanan. The second guest blog … Continue reading