Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
- Cry, cry, cry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 377,161 hits
Tag Archives: blogging
This is the third day that I’ve woken up with a Fierce Desire to Blog again. Each day I watch this desire arise. It’s not retreating. It’s gaining momentum. It’s like a tsunami bearing down on the shore of this … Continue reading
Yesterday, unexpectedly, several online friends sent notes, emails, Facebook messages. “Where are you? When are you coming back to blogging? We miss you. Are you surviving the winter?” My heart lurched in appreciation for friends who reappeared out of the … Continue reading
The title which begs to be used is: Blank checks are a girl’s best friend. However, that would be totally misleading. (Not that I’ve hesitated misleading you before…big grin…) I have two stories to tell you this deliciously melting 42 … Continue reading
We awoke to another eight, ten, twelve inches of snow. Who knows without a ruler? I offered to warm up and brush off Barry’s car before he left for work. (He does the same for me many days.) It’s zero … Continue reading
1. First of all, relax. You don’t have to DO anything on another snow day. The Universe gives you permission to relax and lie on the couch all day–in your pajamas–if you so desire. Breathe in, breathe out. Simply BE. … Continue reading
Snow continues to fly here in the north woods. You think snow drifts downward, don’t you? You think snow drops from clouds to earth. Sounds logical, right? I’ve learned that snow, in actuality, flies every-which-way. It’s most intriguing when it … Continue reading
“Do not try to save the whole world or do anything grandiose. Instead, create a clearing in the dense forest of your life and wait there patiently until the song that is your life falls into your own cupped hands … Continue reading
1. It’s 4:30 p.m. and the sun arches its back into the horizon, preparing to depart from this earthly realm until tomorrow morning. 2. We picked up a hitchhiker yesterday on our way up to Houghton. A young 20-ish … Continue reading