Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
- Cry, cry, cry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 376,877 hits
Tag Archives: humor
I could tell you stories. Every walk in nature writes a novella. If you look carefully you can find the characters, the plot, the resolution. Would you like to read four short stories? (I promise they shall be short.) At … Continue reading
1. Let’s not even talk about the mosquitoes this year. If you look out the bathroom window at 10 p.m. (assuming you are awake) you can count 35 hungry mosquitoes buzzing and buzzing and begging to come in the house to … Continue reading
Dear readers, I wrote this post back in early May, but did not publish it. Was about to delete it, but sent it to a friend just for kicks before scrapping it. She loved it. She insisted it was a … Continue reading
Yesterday, the wind howled. The trees danced. Some trees tipped over sideways, crashing onto the forest floor with a large BOOM! “Gosh, I haven’t seen wind like this in ages,” I said to Barry. “How strong do you think it is?” “Fifty … Continue reading
One of my greatest joys in the last year or two has been tossing the recipe book out the window. Adieu, dear recipe book, you’ve been a wonderful teacher, a darling guide. But it’s time to learn to cook without … Continue reading
The WordPress Weekly Photo challenge is: Twist. I laughed out loud when seeing this. Does anyone else remember a funny cartoon or status passing through Facebook recently? Although I can’t recall the exact words, this is the sentiment: Whenever anything … Continue reading
I am pondering taking this blog in a new direction for a while. Feeling inspired to dust off the camera again. To share photos. Perhaps even daily, at times. A photo a day keeps the doctor away. No need to … Continue reading
And the winner of the maple syrup contest is… Prepare yourselves. Hold your breaths. Hope that you win and get that sweet Upper Peninsula maple syrup to dollop on your oatmeal, in your granola, atop your French Toast, in your … Continue reading
The title which begs to be used is: Blank checks are a girl’s best friend. However, that would be totally misleading. (Not that I’ve hesitated misleading you before…big grin…) I have two stories to tell you this deliciously melting 42 … Continue reading
This morning, awake at 5:45 a.m., after stoking the wood stove, igniting the gas beneath the tea kettle, pouring a pink glass of grapefruit juice, I turned on the Kindle Fire to check email. There, sitting so innocently in the … Continue reading