Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
- Tea on deck; perfect autumn afternoon
- Tribe of weirdos?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Rumi & back pain
- Missing it
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 401,148 hits
Tag Archives: humor
Years ago I attended a spiritual workshop out in the green and brown hills of Montana. The snowy crests of the Continental Divide towered over us. Our teacher gave an assignment: Out you go onto the ranch. Instead of allowing … Continue reading
I could tell you stories. Every walk in nature writes a novella. If you look carefully you can find the characters, the plot, the resolution. Would you like to read four short stories? (I promise they shall be short.) At … Continue reading
1. Let’s not even talk about the mosquitoes this year. If you look out the bathroom window at 10 p.m. (assuming you are awake) you can count 35 hungry mosquitoes buzzing and buzzing and begging to come in the house to … Continue reading
Dear readers, I wrote this post back in early May, but did not publish it. Was about to delete it, but sent it to a friend just for kicks before scrapping it. She loved it. She insisted it was a … Continue reading
Yesterday, the wind howled. The trees danced. Some trees tipped over sideways, crashing onto the forest floor with a large BOOM! “Gosh, I haven’t seen wind like this in ages,” I said to Barry. “How strong do you think it is?” “Fifty … Continue reading
One of my greatest joys in the last year or two has been tossing the recipe book out the window. Adieu, dear recipe book, you’ve been a wonderful teacher, a darling guide. But it’s time to learn to cook without … Continue reading