Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Monday morning eyes
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 377,988 hits
Tag Archives: ice fishing
Here’s what just happened. I was out reading your blogs, buzzing here and there in the blogosphere for the past hour or so, when suddenly a Fierce Desire struck. I’m never sure what to do about these Fierce Desires to … Continue reading
Picture this. Ice fishing over 280 feet of water on Lake Superior. Floating on 18 inches of ice. Convinced by husband to leave warm house on Easter morning. No one else on ice, except one lone snowmobiler. Everyone else at … Continue reading
Last week I opened the mailbox to discover a long white envelope with a return address from Connecticut. It was from an Internet friend, Susan, whose fourth grade students are learning about watersheds and how they can positively impact our … Continue reading
1. Since last Tuesday I have been a wild & crazy blog writer sharing everything from the deeply profound to the mundane. The internal blog writer has something to say every five minutes. Am considering hog-tying her so I can … Continue reading
Barry’s ice fishing buddy, Mike Roth, took these photos of Lake Superior last Wednesday. I feel like he’s our Roving Correspondent in the Air as he shared these aerial photos last winter. Mike owns a small two-seater plane and likes … Continue reading
You can’t be part of a 30-day Gratitude Challenge around here without feeling gratitude for this place where we live. Feeling gratitude for the woods. For the million trees. For the deer and bear and squirrels hunkering down in the … Continue reading
Did you ever read that Dr. Seuss book as a child? Or did you read it to your own children? One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. It’s so catchy that you remember the title 20 or 30 or 40 years … Continue reading
Sorry, you guys. Didn’t mean to use the “zillion” word. It was a moment of weakness. So how many of you have ever gone ice fishing? Show of hands? (And did you like your adventure on ice?) I never ventured … Continue reading
No, I did not go up in an airplane. No, these are not my photos. These aerial photographs come to you courtesy of Barry’s fishing buddy, Mike. Mike owns a small two-seater plane and he headed up into the friendly … Continue reading