Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
September 2014 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- My first love…before Lake Superior
- Follow your feet.
- Serendipity, a light house & wind-blown hair
- Ladies of the lake and other Lake Superior sunset photos
- What makes you shine? (the tale of a book tour…)
- My public radio interview
- When a raptor needs the doctor
- Oh, you, nature child
- The lives we didn’t live.
- Monday morning eyes
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 384,470 hits
Tag Archives: inspiration
Years ago I attended a spiritual workshop out in the green and brown hills of Montana. The snowy crests of the Continental Divide towered over us. Our teacher gave an assignment: Out you go onto the ranch. Instead of allowing … Continue reading
I saw the first wildflower of spring in our woods this afternoon. A beautiful yellow trout lily peeking out from its nest of dried autumn leaves. I pondered purpose. Did you ever spend hours, days, months, years thinking about your … Continue reading
I. Stoking the wood stove hour after hour comforts me. The repetition feels soothing, logs clinking upon logs, flame burning, heat rising. II. Writing sentence after sentence burns the same way inside me. Joy builds with each unexpected word. Delight … Continue reading
Many of us live our wild & precious lives burdened down under a heavy weight of “should”. Instead of celebrating who we are–can there ever be a more perfect you?–we second-guess and third-guess and quadruple-guess our actions. We think ourselves … Continue reading
1. First of all, relax. You don’t have to DO anything on another snow day. The Universe gives you permission to relax and lie on the couch all day–in your pajamas–if you so desire. Breathe in, breathe out. Simply BE. … Continue reading