Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- What makes you shine? (the tale of a book tour…)
- My public radio interview
- When a raptor needs the doctor
- Oh, you, nature child
- The lives we didn’t live.
- Monday morning eyes
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 382,371 hits
Tag Archives: life
Oh, you, nature child, running free upon the earth, peering at frogs and snakes and puppy dog tails and wildflowers…I speak to you. Oh, you, grown-up person, all facts & figures, all planning & obligations, all trying to figure out how … Continue reading
Sometimes I mourn that I’m not living so many other lives. Didn’t you want to be…a sailor on board a ship, sailing the world round, salty and carefree under tropical seas, watching whales dance, whispering to porpoises telling them secrets … Continue reading
I just signed an email “Monday morning eyes”. One of the best parts of life involve signing emails with creative names, don’t you think? Of course, one can only play this game with creative souls, best buddies and offspring. Everyone … Continue reading
OK, I can almost hear you wondering. What? She’s gone and wrote a book and didn’t tell us about it? Rest easy, dear reader. When and if I write a book you’ll surely know six months in advance! However, I … Continue reading
Sitting in a quiet house this morning sipping hot dark coffee with soy creamer from a deep blue mug. Not running hither and yon, caught up in the what-must-be-done-next. Excuse me, I will wander out on the deck to give … Continue reading
Recently a friend shared this quote from Abraham Lincoln: “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” I like that quote. For many years it was my mantra. “I don’t like (fill in the blank)…therefore, I … Continue reading
Goodness, the last two weeks have flown by like an eagle diving for lake trout. (OK, that’s may be the weirdest metaphor I’ve ever typed.) Goodness, it’s so very challenging when our grown children fly off into the friendly skies … Continue reading
1. Let’s not even talk about the mosquitoes this year. If you look out the bathroom window at 10 p.m. (assuming you are awake) you can count 35 hungry mosquitoes buzzing and buzzing and begging to come in the house to … Continue reading