Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
- Cry, cry, cry
- 900 blog posts, sucker, fawn & Happy Father’s Day
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 376,707 hits
Tag Archives: personal
Sitting in a quiet house this morning sipping hot dark coffee with soy creamer from a deep blue mug. Not running hither and yon, caught up in the what-must-be-done-next. Excuse me, I will wander out on the deck to give … Continue reading
1. Let’s not even talk about the mosquitoes this year. If you look out the bathroom window at 10 p.m. (assuming you are awake) you can count 35 hungry mosquitoes buzzing and buzzing and begging to come in the house to … Continue reading
Last night Barry revved up the lawn mower. The Husqvarna tractor chugged around the house, the blades trimming grass and clover and weeds and wildflowers, when–unexpectedly–I heard a loud crash. Barry continued to drive the mower over to the shed … Continue reading
Happy weekend, readers. The last day of May beckons. I just slapped a mosquito here in the house, ending its short buzzing life. They rise in clouds in the woods, singing their blood-sucking songs. Barry thinks I exaggerate about the … Continue reading
This is the third day that I’ve woken up with a Fierce Desire to Blog again. Each day I watch this desire arise. It’s not retreating. It’s gaining momentum. It’s like a tsunami bearing down on the shore of this … Continue reading
This morning, awake at 5:45 a.m., after stoking the wood stove, igniting the gas beneath the tea kettle, pouring a pink glass of grapefruit juice, I turned on the Kindle Fire to check email. There, sitting so innocently in the … Continue reading
Last night we dined at Joey’s Seafood Restaurant in Houghton. As we ordered our fish tacos & jambalaya & tilapia a fella offered us a sealed envelope. Upon paying, we must present the envelope to our waitress and see what … Continue reading
Lately, oh so lately, I’ve been able to sit with my own uncomfortable inner places much longer without turning away. Because of this, I can stay with a good friend on the telephone for 78 minutes and resonate with her … Continue reading
1. It’s the damnedest coldest winter I can remember in many years–and we’re only three days into 2014. 2. The Christmas lights still shine in our Little House in the Big Woods–but I’m taking them down on Sunday. You can … Continue reading