Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
- Cry, cry, cry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 377,738 hits
Tag Archives: winter
You wonder about the story of our lives here in the Upper Peninsula? It could be summed up in two words: Ice melts. Ice melts on the bays. Ice turns blue, shaky, unstable. Don’t walk on it. Turn, instead, toward … Continue reading
Even though this long winter continues to snow and blow and freeze and fuss, I still think an icy snowfall sparkles beautifully. This morning, captured under the glow of our deck light, heavy wet snow dressed the woods in grandeur … Continue reading
It’s so easy to get—ah choo!–a very bad case of–ah choo!–you know what I’m going to say don’t you?–a very bad case of Cabin Fever at this time of year. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cabin like … Continue reading
Lately, oh so lately, I’ve been able to sit with my own uncomfortable inner places much longer without turning away. Because of this, I can stay with a good friend on the telephone for 78 minutes and resonate with her … Continue reading
We awoke to another eight, ten, twelve inches of snow. Who knows without a ruler? I offered to warm up and brush off Barry’s car before he left for work. (He does the same for me many days.) It’s zero … Continue reading
I shouldn’t be here today. I should be listening to testimony from a jury box, attempting to determine the guilt or innocence of a fellow man. Said man is presumed innocent until proven guilty, sayeth the law. Fortunately or unfortunately–I … Continue reading
Let’s walk to the mailbox, shall we? Barry is plowing snow today, thank goodness, for last night the tractor stopped dead as he plowed the twelve inches of new snow on the driveway. It simply stopped cold, done, finis. He … Continue reading
1. First of all, relax. You don’t have to DO anything on another snow day. The Universe gives you permission to relax and lie on the couch all day–in your pajamas–if you so desire. Breathe in, breathe out. Simply BE. … Continue reading
The oddest thing just happened! I sat upon the couch, meditating, not thinking about much of anything. My gaze settled on our windows. Quietly peered through the windows, noticing how they act as frames for nature. A house filled with … Continue reading
Good chilly blanket-wrapped morning! I hope you’re keeping warm, readers. Let’s pour a cup of coffee–or would you like tea?–or hot cocoa?–and chat for a spell. So many everyday conversations begin and end with weather these days. Our thermometer shivers … Continue reading