Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
August 2014 S M T W T F S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Monday morning eyes
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 378,525 hits
Tag Archives: winter
1. It’s the damnedest coldest winter I can remember in many years–and we’re only three days into 2014. 2. The Christmas lights still shine in our Little House in the Big Woods–but I’m taking them down on Sunday. You can … Continue reading
New Year’s Day, 2014. I eat toast slathered with translucent red crab apple jelly that glistens like a stained glass window through its home in a tiny mason jar. It’s a Christmas gift from a daughter who found it in … Continue reading
Snow continues to fly here in the north woods. You think snow drifts downward, don’t you? You think snow drops from clouds to earth. Sounds logical, right? I’ve learned that snow, in actuality, flies every-which-way. It’s most intriguing when it … Continue reading
Never mind the outside temperature. It brags 12 degrees (-11 C), shame on that thermometer at 4 p.m., Sunday afternoon. It’s shivered below zero for nights. Winter appears early in the north this year. Barry just departed the house. “Feels … Continue reading
1. It’s 4:30 p.m. and the sun arches its back into the horizon, preparing to depart from this earthly realm until tomorrow morning. 2. We picked up a hitchhiker yesterday on our way up to Houghton. A young 20-ish … Continue reading
The long winter continues. Another eight inches of snow yesterday morning, give or take three inches. (It could have been eleven inches. We’ve ceased measuring in late April.) I am really OK with it. No need to offer condolences. We … Continue reading
Such a hullabaloo in the Northern forest! Spring Seed Boy fell in love with young Snow Maiden. Oh, it’s forbidden, don’t you know! The Winter Queen, in her fury, locked Spring Seed Boy in a shed behind the six-foot snow bank. … Continue reading
Here we are in Marquette, a town 78 miles from our Little House in the Big Woods. It’s the Big City, kids. It even has a Starbucks! How I love the city–just as much as the woods… Barry has to … Continue reading