Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Monday morning eyes
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 378,201 hits
Tag Archives: wood stove
I. Stoking the wood stove hour after hour comforts me. The repetition feels soothing, logs clinking upon logs, flame burning, heat rising. II. Writing sentence after sentence burns the same way inside me. Joy builds with each unexpected word. Delight … Continue reading
Never mind the outside temperature. It brags 12 degrees (-11 C), shame on that thermometer at 4 p.m., Sunday afternoon. It’s shivered below zero for nights. Winter appears early in the north this year. Barry just departed the house. “Feels … Continue reading
Full cold steady stare of white moon’s face illuminates our wood room filling adventures. Sparkling snowflakes gleam against dark evergreens like fireflies. Soft and alive and diamond, then gone. We crank open the heavy wood room door. An endless winter … Continue reading