Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Rumi & back pain
- Missing it
- Hello, mouse & other early morning ponderings
- In memory of Mary who died
- My first love…before Lake Superior
- Follow your feet.
- Serendipity, a light house & wind-blown hair
- Ladies of the lake and other Lake Superior sunset photos
- What makes you shine? (the tale of a book tour…)
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 387,409 hits
Tag Archives: wood stove
I. Stoking the wood stove hour after hour comforts me. The repetition feels soothing, logs clinking upon logs, flame burning, heat rising. II. Writing sentence after sentence burns the same way inside me. Joy builds with each unexpected word. Delight … Continue reading
Never mind the outside temperature. It brags 12 degrees (-11 C), shame on that thermometer at 4 p.m., Sunday afternoon. It’s shivered below zero for nights. Winter appears early in the north this year. Barry just departed the house. “Feels … Continue reading
Full cold steady stare of white moon’s face illuminates our wood room filling adventures. Sparkling snowflakes gleam against dark evergreens like fireflies. Soft and alive and diamond, then gone. We crank open the heavy wood room door. An endless winter … Continue reading