Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Worry stew
- Seventy-five days until 2021: What the Heart knows spiritual exploration
- The unsayable and the ordinary
- I am a sheeple with my big wooly sheep coat. (And so much more.)
- Insecurities: a crack where the light gets in
- Walktober meander: no trail, no path, no destination
- No politics today. No virus talk. Just autumn colors here in the Upper Peninsula.
- Debate on our road last Monday: me versus Nebraska Man. Winner – nobody.
- Please, please, please ducks–just go to bed (and chickens, please let me take your pictures!)
- Adventures of river, old windows and poultry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 526,647 views
Monthly Archives: May 2010
On Memorial Day, I give thanks for this life. For this particular country in which I find myself, its flag flying gently in the late May breezes. I give thanks to freedom. To the freedom to express ourselves. What … Continue reading
Quiet warm Sunday in the North Woods. Flowers blooming everywhere. Birds chattering endlessly in the woods. It feels like we live in a jungle. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a monkey swinging from tree to tree–that’s how noisy it … Continue reading
Yep, it’s the annual pollen spill here in Lake Superior country. Instead of an oil spill gushing up from beneath the sea, we have pollen gently blowing down in the lake from our blossoming trees. The edges of the lake turn … Continue reading
First, let’s get things straight. (Not necessarily in a straight-jacket.) This story may or may not be true. Especially the part about the Escaped Mental Patient from Bellevue Hospital. All the rest is definitively and deliciously true. I am repeating it to … Continue reading
Last week Suzi of Laundry Line Divine suggested we play. She suggested we play Food Labels. And thus we did at 12:30 last Wednesday afternoon. We got wild and creative with stuff in our pantry. It was a challenge to … Continue reading
During the latest excitement here on Lake Spirit lots and lots of visitors paused by the “About” section of this blog. They wanted to know: What’s this blog about anyway? Since I couldn’t remember what I’d written hastily back on January … Continue reading
Hello, everyone! Ohmygoodness, it’s been QUITE a weekend. I am completely undone. One of my worst traits (this is time for Confession) is an absolute obsession with WordPress hits and comments at times. I apologize for this in advance. (Darn it, … Continue reading