We are so backed up in the blogging world. All the way to last night.
We are still sitting at a birthday dinner opening cards and presents and hooting and carrying on. We are still lighting candles on a homemade carrot cake and oooohing and ahhhing that folks cared enough to send their love across the miles.
I apologize. We’re still in yesterday. By tomorrow we should be caught up to today. We’re in overload!
It was a lovely birthday celebration last night. Kiah cooked and baked. Barry grilled fish. Especially because Cindy Lou asked I shall reveal our menu: vegetable shish-ka-bobs marinated in a scrumptious sauce and grilled on the deck. Greek salad laden with garden lettuce and tomatoes and olives and feta cheese. Lake trout which once swam in the cold waters near Isle Royale. Carrot cake laced with ripe bananas and agave syrup.
Oh, the presents I received! Coffee from the coffee shop in NYC where Kiah is the manager. Mint tea. A tisane of almonds which we brewed for our dessert tea. Cards from fountainpen (HI FOUNTAINPEN!!!) who is a blog-reader who actually makes cards from my photos and sends them as gifts. More than once. Gifts from California. Gifts from Manhattan. Cards from downstate and near Atlanta, Georgia. Ahhh…it is the Life, indeed.
Today we’ve been Busy. After I worked early this morning…we headed into town for errands and fun. Here is a quick synopsis:
1) Eggs and homemade whole wheat toast at the Nite Owl Cafe.
2) Visiting Catherine. HI CATHERINE!! Thanks for the birthday card!
3) Banking. Washing the car. Long story about washing the car. The last time I tried to wash the car–maybe at the end of winter–the car wash broke down at the attempt. The nice owners sent a courtesy coupon. Because the birds have been perching on a wire above the car, I decided it was time to use the coupon…
4) Coffee at the coffee shop in town. My daughter gave a long explanation to me about the difference between cappuccinos and lattes. We sat on the chairs in front of the coffee shop and sipped our drinks. Lynnette paused to talk about her daughter’s engagement. A wonderful photographer happened by and urged us to disband, teasing that we were having an illegal gathering.
5) Unexpected meeting with Susan D. at the grocery store. Got to introduce Susan and Kiah! Susan, meet Kiah. Kiah, meet Susan. Hugs all around! (And lots of laughter too…)
Life is so interesting.
Because I had inadvertently bought raw shrimp at the grocery store, we had to head home to put it in the freezer. That interfered with our previous plans to meander along the beach.
We stopped at the house and put the shrimp in the freezer.
I checked the blog and email.
“Get off the computer!” my daughter called, “We’re going to the beach!!”
Off we went to the beach. We walked up and down the sandy shores. I have a half-dozen pictures of that meander which might entertain you. Might show you those tomorrow–but then that would still put us a day behind.
How to catch up?
Apologies that I haven’t been able to read anyone’s blog since…since…a while ago. I am SO behind. The blogs are out there, waiting to be read. Every morning I get up and say firmly, “Kathy, today you shall read your friends’ blogs.” Every evening I go to bed and feel a bit guilty that another day has passed and I have not taken the time to read.
Please accept my apologies again. Perhaps soon it shall happen. It is hard when we have precious visitors….
In the meantime, I do believe we’re done with birthday blogs. Until next year. Thank you for attending the festivities!