I have at least three really good ideas ramblin’ through this brain about possible blogs to write.
But, heck, forget it! I am gonna babble.
Haven’t done a babbling brook blog in a while, have I? (Please! Do not smartly respond that all my blogs babble like brooks in the woods!)
Going to simply reveal random facts. What’s on the mind. Whazz happenin’.
1. My outdoor blog is biting the dust. (When did I become so addicted to clichés? Note to self: stop it, now!) Last year’s 365 day commitment was getting–I kid you not–between 200 and 300 hits a day since its abrupt ending last December. I would complain darkly to Barry, “How come the outdoor blog gets more hits than this blog, and nobody is even WRITING anything?” But, suddenly, unexpectedly, eight months to the day after the commitment ended, the blog hits plummeted. Here’s my theory: they keep you on the search engine hits for a while after a blog closes. Then, eight months later, they decide you’re obsolete. That must be it.
2) Summer is ending. School is starting next Tuesday. It’s raining cats & dogs today. (Didn’t you get that note to self? Stop it NOW on the clichés, Kathy!)
3) Tis now the Labor Day weekend holiday. Any of you readers doing anything exciting? Going north? Going south? Staying at home and enjoying the last of summer’s goodwill? Scurrying inland from the effects of Mr. Hurricane Earl?
4) We are going to a party on Sunday. It’s a swim-across-the-lake party. I dunno about swimming across the lake. Some of us opt for a walk to a nearby bridge instead. My girlfriend has already said, “Oh good, you’re going to the party! Let’s do our walk to the bridge.” Guess that’s where I’ll be going…having done enough swimming this year already.
5) You guys wouldn’t believe it! Two trees just crashed to the ground in the high wind. Darn that wind. Darn that tree-murdering wind. I can’t locate the fallen trees, but heard them crash like thunder. Should type faster in case any trees decide to topple on electrical wires. Typing like lightning now!
6) Going to make something called Cowboy Caviar for the party. Any of you heard of that? But never you mind. That may be tomorrow’s blog. What the Cowboys Eat.
7) Is there anything more to say? Let me pause and consider.
8) No, nothing imminent approaches. Therefore, let me wish you all a HAPPY LABOR DAY weekend. Relax, rest, rejuvenate as the last days of summer…
9) Oh no! The power went out! Didn’t type fast enough, apparently. But I have returned to you as surely as the power hath returned. (Oh, very odd synchronicity! As I typed the word “surely” the telephone rang. It was a taxpayer named Shirley coming to pay her taxes.)
10) And that’s all folks! Sorry for the babbling blog. It’s the 202nd blog of Lake Superior Spirit. Hope you all have your electrical power and holiday spirit.
11) Until tomorrow!
12) Love, Kathy