Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Jagged ice fields of Lake Superior
- Sprinkling petals atop snow
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
- Tea on deck; perfect autumn afternoon
- Tribe of weirdos?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 409,283 times readers paused by Lake Superior Spirit's blog shores
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Full cold steady stare of white moon’s face illuminates our wood room filling adventures. Sparkling snowflakes gleam against dark evergreens like fireflies. Soft and alive and diamond, then gone. We crank open the heavy wood room door. An endless winter … Continue reading
Monday. Brown-furred wolf runs south to north in front of my car. His legs pump, his haunches strain. Masterful, he sprints, his legs sure, not slipping and skidding like those long skinny-legged deer who sometimes fall and splay all four … Continue reading
Last week, before the thermometer dipped to 22 degrees (-5.6 C) and it began to snow… Blessed warmth shines from blue sunny skies. We’ve forgotten what sun looks like. We’ve forgotten how cheery we feel when sun streams warmth across … Continue reading
One of the things I pondered during the recent retreat from blogging and computer and caffeine and other distracting activities was this: how can we more deeply align our daily activities with our deepest beliefs and values? Where are we … Continue reading
Here is a little story inspired by blog reader Colleen who was fascinated by a recent comment about some of our inky black nights in the woods. You can’t see your familiar hands, your feet, your journey to the mailbox. … Continue reading
And now…it’s time for this one to take another blogging break. Yes, you knew this would happen, didn’t you? You recognize the pattern, don’t you, even though I’ve tried to deny it? Some of us create, create, create, create…and then … Continue reading