1. It’s the damnedest coldest winter I can remember in many years–and we’re only three days into 2014.
2. The Christmas lights still shine in our Little House in the Big Woods–but I’m taking them down on Sunday. You can hold me to that resolution.
3. Barry plans to go ice fishing on Huron Bay tomorrow if the wind chill doesn’t kill him. Let’s not even discuss wind chill in this blog or you’ll run away quickly without reading another word.
4. I do not like Facebook yet. After all these years of trying to make peace. I’m not comfortable with the format of conversation and likes and, oh-so-many-things. Once I quit for six months and may do so again some day on a whim. In the meantime, I learn to be comfortable with indecision.
5. Wind blows sideways outside the window. It’s supposed to be a high of -7 (-22 C) degrees on Sunday and then again on Monday. I may not leave the house until April. (That is not a resolution and you may not hold me to it.)
6. We owe an unexpected $3,300. Add our car insurance and a delivered load of firewood and the total skyrockets to $5,000. Let’s not even discuss car troubles, please. (You see, I do tell you some secrets.)
7. Hey, we do have health insurance as of January 1st, though. Celebration!
8. Certain extended family members have experienced health setbacks. I am sad for them. In an attempt to honor their privacy, I won’t blab details. Wishing we could all be healthy in 2014.
9. I am actually feeling quite happy these days. Sadness is allowed to exist. Hey, it’s all OK. Even writing an unscheduled blog post.
10. I wish you the happiest of weekends! What are your plans? Do you owe more money than you make in a month of Sundays? Is everyone healthy? Is it a blizzard in your neck of the woods, Mr. Wizard? (Someone searched and found my blog this week by typing: Is it a blizzard, Mr. Wizard? I am still grinning about that.)