OK, a couple of months have passed since I uploaded photos from the Sony Cybershot camera to the computer. I often take pictures on her and then forget.
Barry asked me to take a picture of the bike we’re sending to Christopher out there in San Diego, so it was time to remember.
Because I can’t stand taking pictures–without showing them to someone–here’s all the forgotten photos.
While you’re looking at random pictures, I’ll share random facts.
1. I have now published 900 posts on Lake Superior Spirit since its birth in 2010. Can you imagine? How time flies when you’re having fun!
2. I saw our first fawn last night. It was so tiny–barely mobile. So scrawny. Its scrawny mom glared at me, daring me to approach her baby any closer. I continued forward (wanting to go for a walk, you know.) The fawn dove into the tall grass. I stared at the tall grass for two minutes but could not spot the little one. The fawns are so good at hiding! (I hope they are as good at surviving. It’s late for fawn births due to our severe winter.)
3. Later this month we’ll attend my dad’s 80th birthday party. I am so excited!
4. We are splitting wood now. Finally. We split our first pickup truck load today. My back is tired. Reason enough to relax and write a blog, yes?
4. We are marinating asparagus right now. For grilling. It may be raining by the time we grill. No matter. Our grilled asparagus is a necessity, rain or shine.
5. After my dad’s 80th birthday party, our daughter is coming to visit! Can you imagine a better scenario? I can’t.
6. The cucumbers we planted in the garden look feeble. We hope they survive. The garden plants want warmer weather.
So do we!
7. Happy Father’s Day to all you fathers out there. And, Dad, if you’re reading…I love you…and can’t wait to be with you for your birthday. Love, your favorite (and only) daughter