Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Winter winked its lazy ice-blue eye at us this morning.
- Unexpected, unanticipated, unpredicted and unforeseeable
- The beginner’s guide to meditation (and we’re all beginners)
- “Anyone who can’t figure this out is an idiot!”
- Make a list of good things when you’re feeling blue
- Just a little celebration!
- Will money and time buy happiness?
- Our neighborhood “Point” of Lake Superior magic
- Should I stay or should I go?
- In the shadow of one of the world’s most dangerous volcanoes
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 523,738 views
Monthly Archives: July 2020
We’ll start this Friday morning psalm with a fleeting memory of your grandma’s gingerbread cake, or that strawberry rhubarb pie, or those sugar cookies she served you with a cold glass of milk. While you lick the crumbs of memory … Continue reading
Today is my birthday. Sixty three years old, or so the birth certificate says. My mom agrees–back in 1957 she gave birth to her first little baby some time just after 1 a.m. She doesn’t remember the exact time, and … Continue reading
Last Wednesday we loaded up the 2015 maroon Chevy Malibu with 79,950 miles with boxes and bags of recycling and returnables. Off we drove toward Houghton for our weekly shopping excursion. Less than eight miles from home a warning sign … Continue reading
Here is an assignment–should you choose to accept it. Pretend you’re on your deathbed. It’s the end of this life. Goodbye moon. Goodbye songbirds. Goodbye everything awful and beautiful. What advice might your dying almost-gone self give to your current … Continue reading
It’s been the quietest of weeks in the woods. No sightings of bear, moose or rabbits. No splitting and stacking firewood. Just sweet birdsong, whirring fans, cool early morning breezes, stifling hot 90 degree afternoons. You might hear the sprinkling … Continue reading