Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Give, sweet mama, give. Give, my man, give.
- Dust everywhere. Fuel barrel sold. Emptiness is form.
- The barrel is empty
- What does wood floor sanding and finishing have to do with spirituality?
- Turkey, brussels sprout salad, hurting hearts, gratitude and thanksgiving
- Reflections on daily blogging
- Smoke alarm drama & the Holy
- I found the missing heart in that messy closet
- “Letting people be who they’re gonna be”
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 533,651 views
Tag Archives: cabin fever
Hi guys! I am so sorry that my blog has practically flat-lined these days. No excuses. It’s just flat-lined. And the line is covered with snow. Snow, snow, snow. That’s all we think about these days. You can start a … Continue reading
If you’re shivering and cold here on this winter day, you might choose to visit another blog. I am aiming to show you some photos of jagged ice on Lake Superior here in Aura, Michigan. At the foot of Saari … Continue reading
It’s so easy to get—ah choo!–a very bad case of–ah choo!–you know what I’m going to say don’t you?–a very bad case of Cabin Fever at this time of year. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cabin like … Continue reading
We awoke to another eight, ten, twelve inches of snow. Who knows without a ruler? I offered to warm up and brush off Barry’s car before he left for work. (He does the same for me many days.) It’s zero … Continue reading
The long winter continues. Another eight inches of snow yesterday morning, give or take three inches. (It could have been eleven inches. We’ve ceased measuring in late April.) I am really OK with it. No need to offer condolences. We … Continue reading
Yesterday I vetoed the on-line world. Almost. Did not visit Facebook or WordPress or even my personal email. (Did visit email and Internet at work. One must, you know, if one seeks to retain one’s job.)
1. Since last Tuesday I have been a wild & crazy blog writer sharing everything from the deeply profound to the mundane. The internal blog writer has something to say every five minutes. Am considering hog-tying her so I can … Continue reading
Groundhog’s Day has to be a southern invention. Someone lower than the 45th Parallel must have created this lore. The Groundhog sees his shadow and there are only six more WEEKS of winter? He doesn’t see his shadow spring comes … Continue reading
The above photo depicts today. Gray. Clouds. No illumination. No shadows. No sunlight. Last winter I wrote a blog post called “I shot six holes in my freezer” referring to Jimmy Buffet’s song “Boat Drinks”. It actually alluded to a … Continue reading