Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Worry stew
- Seventy-five days until 2021: What the Heart knows spiritual exploration
- The unsayable and the ordinary
- I am a sheeple with my big wooly sheep coat. (And so much more.)
- Insecurities: a crack where the light gets in
- Walktober meander: no trail, no path, no destination
- No politics today. No virus talk. Just autumn colors here in the Upper Peninsula.
- Debate on our road last Monday: me versus Nebraska Man. Winner – nobody.
- Please, please, please ducks–just go to bed (and chickens, please let me take your pictures!)
- Adventures of river, old windows and poultry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 526,657 views
Tag Archives: cooking
Dear friends, I can’t help myself. Barry and I stumbled upon this post from 2010 yesterday morning at 6:30 and totally cracked up. (Well, he may have left for work, rolling his eyes!) I insisted upon reading it aloud to … Continue reading
One of my greatest joys in the last year or two has been tossing the recipe book out the window. Adieu, dear recipe book, you’ve been a wonderful teacher, a darling guide. But it’s time to learn to cook without … Continue reading
Last week I sat down in our local coffee shop, Java by the Bay, chatting with a friend, Anni, while waiting for her daughter, Christina, and son-in-law, Alex, to arrive. I was especially excited to see Christina because she’s an up-and-coming blogger. … Continue reading
You think burdock is unusual, you say? You think the slender pungent root of the wild and prickly and dangerous burdock plant is food fit for farm animals and wild rodents? (If you taste it raw–like I did last week … Continue reading
Welcome to the Old West, you cowfolk. I hope everyone is hungry. Someone get the grill going. How ’bout if you play your guitar? Something like Home, Home on the Range? Gracias, amigo. Now, some of you want to come into … Continue reading