Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Winter winked its lazy ice-blue eye at us this morning.
- Unexpected, unanticipated, unpredicted and unforeseeable
- The beginner’s guide to meditation (and we’re all beginners)
- “Anyone who can’t figure this out is an idiot!”
- Make a list of good things when you’re feeling blue
- Just a little celebration!
- Will money and time buy happiness?
- Our neighborhood “Point” of Lake Superior magic
- Should I stay or should I go?
- In the shadow of one of the world’s most dangerous volcanoes
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 523,742 views
Tag Archives: garden
Winter winked its lazy ice-blue eye at us this morning. Thirty seven autumn degrees, it nodded. Prepare thyselves. I am coming. Just around the pumpkin bend. Dig up those garden carrots. Finish those bunching onions. I’m coming first for the … Continue reading
People will fight about anything–I am now 100% sure. We were forced to buy a new Cuisinart food processor this week. (Our old one just celebrated its 20th birthday, give or take a half dozen years.) We chop, slice and … Continue reading
I am feeling so much indecision these days. Are any of you feeling the same? Let’s take a simple action like driving into the “big city” of Marquette tomorrow or the next day. I need new summer pajamas, a lightweight … Continue reading
Fingers in brown sandy soil thinning crowded avenues of carrots. I used to despair thinning these deep tap roots stretching down past undulating worms. How could one decide carrot life or death? How could one presume to kill this one … Continue reading
I have been thinking a lot about wholeness this week. My friend, Deb, shared a post on Facebook recently about how she’s achieved wholeness in several areas of her life: as a parent, as a spouse, as a descendant. She … Continue reading
1. I have nothing to say and should be getting ready for work. 2. A perfect time to write a blog post! 3. If, by the time this post ends, the fingers type all nonsense–well, it’s easy enough to delete. … Continue reading
Sitting in a quiet house this morning sipping hot dark coffee with soy creamer from a deep blue mug. Not running hither and yon, caught up in the what-must-be-done-next. Excuse me, I will wander out on the deck to give … Continue reading
I’m making breakfast now, simmering sweet potatoes on stove top while simultaneously sautéing onions and the very last of the kale (garden kale is always sweetest after it’s been frosted and picked) and, OK, maybe browning the onion a little … Continue reading
What constitutes an ordinary adventure in our lives? How do we discover the extraordinary hiding amidst the ordinary? Is it possible to discover magic in our life when we least expect it? Is it possible to feast upon tropical fruit … Continue reading