Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Shhhh, just breathe it in, my dears
- Primitive, prehistoric, bygone, lost, irrevocable, lapsed, expired, run out, ended, finished
- Gifts of root and wing
- Friday morning psalm of your grandma’s gingerbread cake and sweet Joe-Pye Weed
- Birthday seashells and blessings (like friends, electricity and raspberry crumble)
- When the brakes fail…and you buy a new car…
- What will count on your deathbed?
- Abduction, Siege, Stroke–and the magic of perspective
- Mouse, grudges, virus, sirens and baby robins
- One year memories of Positano, Italy wedding
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 519,742 views
Tag Archives: hope
Shhh, dear reader. Let’s whisper. Let’s remember. Let’s lower our voices. Because this is the in-between time. It’s in-between Christmas and New Years. It’s in-between gift-giving and a brand new start. It’s in-between the old and stagnant–and the unknown.
So Christmas hath ended, passed away, disappeared into the ethers. New Year’s approaches, wearing bells and jangles, but she’s still in the future. We’re in between, kids. We’re in between the Solstice and Christmas and Hanukkah and other shining holy-days. … Continue reading
I’ve been driving my dear friend Susan to radiation treatment for breast cancer in Marquette several times in these past couple of months. She’s traveled to the hospital for treatment over an hour and a half away from Baraga five … Continue reading
The clock ticks 6 a.m. Outside our Little House in the Big Woods the wind howls fiercely. Father November has thrown a deep cloak of blackness across the breasts of trees and the wood stove sputters in the basement. Barry … Continue reading
As Jalaluddin Rumi said: Why are you so afraid of silence? Silence is the root of everything. If you spiral into its void, a hundred voices will thunder messages you long to hear. Silence is … Continue reading
Let us walk quietly through Chicano Park in San Diego even though you are everywhere in the Cyberworld and I am sitting in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. We returned home late, late Sunday evening. So late the owls didn’t even blink … Continue reading