Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Worry stew
- Seventy-five days until 2021: What the Heart knows spiritual exploration
- The unsayable and the ordinary
- I am a sheeple with my big wooly sheep coat. (And so much more.)
- Insecurities: a crack where the light gets in
- Walktober meander: no trail, no path, no destination
- No politics today. No virus talk. Just autumn colors here in the Upper Peninsula.
- Debate on our road last Monday: me versus Nebraska Man. Winner – nobody.
- Please, please, please ducks–just go to bed (and chickens, please let me take your pictures!)
- Adventures of river, old windows and poultry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 526,658 views
Tag Archives: hummingbirds
We’re living in dangerous times, my friends. It’s getting quite scary to open the front door. We have eight–I repeat, eight–ruby-throated hummingbirds buzzing and squawking and hollering and dive-bombing anything that walks, flies or carries a camera.
I awoke this morning after dreaming of pink hummingbirds in snow outside our deck window–dozens upon dozens of them flitting in tropical beauty against our windowpane. The snow fell softly between their swiftly beating wings. The impossibility of it took … Continue reading
Just wanted to tell you first thing this morning. Hummingbirds have been spotted in both Michigan’s Upper and Lower Peninsulas. My mom put up the feeder down in Yale on Friday. She offered a “signficant” prize for the person who … Continue reading