Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Worry stew
- Seventy-five days until 2021: What the Heart knows spiritual exploration
- The unsayable and the ordinary
- I am a sheeple with my big wooly sheep coat. (And so much more.)
- Insecurities: a crack where the light gets in
- Walktober meander: no trail, no path, no destination
- No politics today. No virus talk. Just autumn colors here in the Upper Peninsula.
- Debate on our road last Monday: me versus Nebraska Man. Winner – nobody.
- Please, please, please ducks–just go to bed (and chickens, please let me take your pictures!)
- Adventures of river, old windows and poultry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 526,647 views
Tag Archives: lake trout
Lots has been happening in our Little House in the Woods. I seem to forget, at times, that we’re still in the midst of a pandemic. Here are a few highlights: At 1 a.m. on Sunday morning a noise startled … Continue reading
Last week I opened the mailbox to discover a long white envelope with a return address from Connecticut. It was from an Internet friend, Susan, whose fourth grade students are learning about watersheds and how they can positively impact our … Continue reading
(Dear readers, how about welcoming another guest blogger? This time it’s my husband, Barry. He’s recently back from his favorite place on earth. Want to guess where that might be? Hint: It involves boats, fishing and the Great North! –Kathy) … Continue reading
I like the concept of “eating local”. How many of you read the book “Animal, Vegetable, Miracle” by Barbara Kingsolver? Show of hands, please! How many of you then wanted to live an entire year eating only food produced in … Continue reading
Did you ever read that Dr. Seuss book as a child? Or did you read it to your own children? One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. It’s so catchy that you remember the title 20 or 30 or 40 years … Continue reading
Sorry, you guys. Didn’t mean to use the “zillion” word. It was a moment of weakness. So how many of you have ever gone ice fishing? Show of hands? (And did you like your adventure on ice?) I never ventured … Continue reading
Silver-finned lake trout glide deep below the surface of Lake Superior, ice already submerging their midnight dreams. On the rocky bottoms they move silently in almost total darkness. Their eyes dream shadows. They swim to a different drummer, an underwater … Continue reading