Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Give, sweet mama, give. Give, my man, give.
- Dust everywhere. Fuel barrel sold. Emptiness is form.
- The barrel is empty
- What does wood floor sanding and finishing have to do with spirituality?
- Turkey, brussels sprout salad, hurting hearts, gratitude and thanksgiving
- Reflections on daily blogging
- Smoke alarm drama & the Holy
- I found the missing heart in that messy closet
- “Letting people be who they’re gonna be”
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 533,638 views
Tag Archives: musings
On June 10th the lupine theater played for a full house. They perfumed, awed, and colored the landscape extraordinarily. We onlookers gushed at their purple, pink and white symphony and deeply inhaled their essence. Their lupine-ness shined superb; never were … Continue reading
OK, pals, this is one of those blogs that I sometimes write with nothing to say. It’s kind of a stream-of-consciousness blog, so stay away if you want something congruent and logical. (Although, who knows, perhaps that may happen! I … Continue reading
When mist rises from ice-melting rivers and streams, magic ensues. When ice dresses branches and twigs, the world is transformed for an instant, an hour, a brief respite. Winter yawns, thinking it might stretch out another month or two here … Continue reading
Tonight six or seven or maybe eight of us will sit around living room chairs at Mary’s house to discuss our latest Book Club selection. You want to know the exciting name of our selection? Gulliver’s Travels. Which yours truly did … Continue reading
1. It’s nice to be able to post blogs “whenever I feel it” after a two month experiment with once-a-week blogging. It truly was a lovely experience. So much time and space opened up for reflection, for walking in spring … Continue reading
OK, OK, you gleaned the truth from that title, didn’t you? There is a tiny part of me–just a tiny part–that still, after all these years, feels insignificant. As a creative blogger, I am still trying to soothe the indignant … Continue reading
Keep your eye open for impossibility today. Miracles surround us…
The Informal Schedule of my day in the north woods. 1) Wake up at 6:20 a.m. (Actually, I wake up at 5:32 a.m. 5:45 a.m. 6:01 a.m. You know, think a little bit. Try not to think a little bit. … Continue reading
I am thinking about my friends this evening. One friend awaits to discover tomorrow if lymphoma has deepened inside her; how far cancer extends its ever-extending reach. Another friend nurses her parents; one with Parkinson’s Disease, the other with neurological … Continue reading