Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Winter winked its lazy ice-blue eye at us this morning.
- Unexpected, unanticipated, unpredicted and unforeseeable
- The beginner’s guide to meditation (and we’re all beginners)
- “Anyone who can’t figure this out is an idiot!”
- Make a list of good things when you’re feeling blue
- Just a little celebration!
- Will money and time buy happiness?
- Our neighborhood “Point” of Lake Superior magic
- Should I stay or should I go?
- In the shadow of one of the world’s most dangerous volcanoes
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 523,738 views
Tag Archives: pain
What burns you? Ignorance? Stupidity? Negativity? I consider myself a rather mild-mannered person. You’ll find me whistling Dixie long after your neighbor has lost his patience. You’ll find me cheerful much longer than the majority. But some things really, really … Continue reading
so here i am at another coffee shop, another cup of steaming java, late friday afternoon, barry at a high school track meet taking pictures for his newspaper job. me writing before he retrieves me just because it’s fun, playin’ … Continue reading
…and then the unthinkable happens. Cancer knocks on your door. While you slept an invasion of cells stole away your peace and now chemotherapy rules your days and nights, even though you swore, didn’t you swear?, that you would never … Continue reading
Gosh. I am going to repeat the headline, just in case you missed it. Sometimes life is not all that it’s quacked up to be. You’ve experienced this in your own life at times? The feeling that you want life … Continue reading
I have been thinking about the things we don’t share. We all know what we share. We share about good things, happy things, pondering things, challenging things…but what don’t we share? It’s always interesting to look at what we don’t … Continue reading
Wham! Bang! Last night I reached down to pick up a log for the woodstove. The log slipped down to the floor–unto my sock-covered big toe. OWWWWW! You know how you’re tempted to curse the log and life and, … Continue reading