Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- What does “Oh NO, where did my purse go?” have to do with spirituality?
- Sacred shell of the spiritual dyad
- Raking with the Heart
- Worry stew
- Seventy-five days until 2021: What the Heart knows spiritual exploration
- The unsayable and the ordinary
- I am a sheeple with my big wooly sheep coat. (And so much more.)
- Insecurities: a crack where the light gets in
- Walktober meander: no trail, no path, no destination
- No politics today. No virus talk. Just autumn colors here in the Upper Peninsula.
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 527,122 views
Tag Archives: school
This early September afternoon, just after our Michigan schools have opened their doors to laughing and shouting students for another school year, I would like to share a blog post I wrote way back in May, 2009. Mary was the … Continue reading
Imagine you’re a six-year-old in 1911. You live on a farm about a mile from the nearest neighbor. It’s time for you to be educated, Ma says. You’ve got new shoes–your first shoes ever–and you’ll walk with your big brother … Continue reading
Most schools in Michigan start Tuesday. The first Tuesday after Labor Day. Can you smell the crayons in your memory? Feel the sharpness of your newly-sharpened pencils? Do you remember what it felt like to gather school supplies and shop … Continue reading
Don’t you wish Thanksgiving stretched for an entire year? Three hundred sixty-four more days? Not the feasting part of Thanksgiving. Not the eating part. Not the traveling part. Not the family get-together part. (Although all those can be good parts!) … Continue reading