Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Forest teaching about Intent and coming from love versus division
- The sh*t phone is history.
- Snake fear and love
- Flute tree, rain web, road of life
- What I really want to say…
- Starfish, hummingbird frolicking in hose spray and other underwater adventures
- Last night the Winter King dreamed of pussy willows.
- Poof! (and she disappeared again)
- Catching up, fake news, I was wrong, Path of the Heart
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 550,598 views
Tag Archives: Heikinpaiva
Did any of your mothers ever tell you: “If your friend jumped off a cliff, would you?” Your mother meant: “Hey, kid! Think for yourself! Don’t just be a follower. Don’t jump in the lake in January just because your … Continue reading
Yoko Onomaki and John Lennoniemi (you have to realize that lots of the Finns who settled around the Upper Peninsula have last names like “Maki” and “Niemi”) handed out the words to the song they sang: “Imagine … Continue reading
You can’t be part of a 30-day Gratitude Challenge around here without feeling gratitude for this place where we live. Feeling gratitude for the woods. For the million trees. For the deer and bear and squirrels hunkering down in the … Continue reading
Let’s still talk about the Heikinpaiva celebration up in Hancock this weekend. Remember what “Heikinpaiva” means? It means when the bear rolls over in his (or her) den. What it really means is that the bear is snoozing in his den, half-asleep. … Continue reading