Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- I have been eaten by caterpillars & other early September stories
- Rant from the “seat of my pants”
- It’s life and death for them today
- Coming into wholeness
- Dance of illumination in the woods
- Little House, Revisited
- Balance for a troubled heart–staying close to the simple, the ordinary, the real
- Feeling under the weather–for four months now
- How do you celebrate 1,000 blog posts?
- Trip photos that mean something to me
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 495,826 views
Tag Archives: winter
First things first. I am not going to complain about our endless winter here in the North Woods. (At least publicly. Maybe we can gripe together privately, if we’re experiencing a frustrated moment or day or week or month.) … Continue reading
We awoke to a February snow. Maybe five new inches decorated our winter landscape. The temperature promises to inch up in upcoming days into the 30’s and 40’s (0 to 7 C), but for now winter still sings her … Continue reading
Very annoying. Yesterday we “fixed” the wood stove furnace belt, which “entertained” us with squeaky noises for the past month. An hour later the new belt is entertaining us with different squeaky noises. Can it be fixed? At times squeaky … Continue reading
If you’re shivering and cold here on this winter day, you might choose to visit another blog. I am aiming to show you some photos of jagged ice on Lake Superior here in Aura, Michigan. At the foot of Saari … Continue reading
On some January mornings the sun rises and casts lemon shadows against the blue-shadowed snow. In the night deer nibble spruce branches and bed beneath them during this dark phase of the moon.
1. I have nothing to say and should be getting ready for work. 2. A perfect time to write a blog post! 3. If, by the time this post ends, the fingers type all nonsense–well, it’s easy enough to delete. … Continue reading