Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 444,636 views
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Delightful Unexpected Flow…
- “I’m scared,” said Goldilocks to the Three Little Bears
- Unexpected inspiration
- 32 years and out (as a politician)!
- Whoooo you votin’ for?
- Quiet spring meditation in the woods
- Passenger pigeons, Show & Tell and my dad
- Icicles, Mist, and the Road Less Traveled
- The sideways tame chipmunk caper
- The $99 blog
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
Tag Archives: winter
If you’re shivering and cold here on this winter day, you might choose to visit another blog. I am aiming to show you some photos of jagged ice on Lake Superior here in Aura, Michigan. At the foot of Saari … Continue reading
On some January mornings the sun rises and casts lemon shadows against the blue-shadowed snow. In the night deer nibble spruce branches and bed beneath them during this dark phase of the moon.
1. I have nothing to say and should be getting ready for work. 2. A perfect time to write a blog post! 3. If, by the time this post ends, the fingers type all nonsense–well, it’s easy enough to delete. … Continue reading
You wonder about the story of our lives here in the Upper Peninsula? It could be summed up in two words: Ice melts. Ice melts on the bays. Ice turns blue, shaky, unstable. Don’t walk on it. Turn, instead, toward … Continue reading
Even though this long winter continues to snow and blow and freeze and fuss, I still think an icy snowfall sparkles beautifully. This morning, captured under the glow of our deck light, heavy wet snow dressed the woods in grandeur … Continue reading
It’s so easy to get—ah choo!–a very bad case of–ah choo!–you know what I’m going to say don’t you?–a very bad case of Cabin Fever at this time of year. It doesn’t matter if you live in a cabin like … Continue reading