Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- “Keeps on keepin’ on”
- A mountain man lives in my mom’s basement.
- Is home where the heart is?
- Sleeping beneath the Mackinac Bridge last night
- All you bunnies out there…
- Ice fishing, robins, winner, Easter
- Keep giving away…
- Squirrel and chickadee love, February snow, and healing silence
- Palm trees, egrets, shrimp boats (and home again, home again, jiggety jig)
- Imagine you’re 90 years old.
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 485,167 views
Tag Archives: imagination
Yesterday, in between listening to Christmas carols and making a pomegranate kale salad, I heard a loud thud. What in the world could it be? First thought: The mail carrier is delivering presents from Portland, Oregon, or Edgewater, New Jersey! … Continue reading
Close your eyes. Now imagine your dead father’s face. Pull it into your inner sight, the wrinkles on his face, the dear crooked smile, the stubble of beard, the gray-brown hair that fell just so on his precious forehead. Feel … Continue reading
Sometimes I mourn that I’m not living so many other lives. Didn’t you want to be…a sailor on board a ship, sailing the world round, salty and carefree under tropical seas, watching whales dance, whispering to porpoises telling them secrets … Continue reading
Creative Story #1. This week my to-do list lassoed me around the neck, hog-tied me, and threw me in the closet. The to-do list looked like a demon, you know, wearing red Christmas long underwear and sarcastically humming, “God rest … Continue reading