Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Palm trees, egrets, shrimp boats (and home again, home again, jiggety jig)
- Imagine you’re 90 years old.
- Annoyed, amazed, humored, and sad. All in one day.
- The widest largest possible view
- Finding our true voices
- Hi ho silver & let them eat caviar (Cowboy Caviar, that is!)
- Missed Perceptions, right, Pam?
- Two weddings, a dam, a journal, death and family photos
- Twelve points on the wall of possibility
- How not to make a New Year’s resolution
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 481,598 views
Tag Archives: Keweenaw Bay
You may feel tired of seeing ice pictures. Many here in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula are weary, too, of the broken ice which swells into the bays of Lake Superior, then blows outward, then returns to us in patterns and reflections … Continue reading
I am pondering taking this blog in a new direction for a while. Feeling inspired to dust off the camera again. To share photos. Perhaps even daily, at times. A photo a day keeps the doctor away. No need to … Continue reading
You wonder about the story of our lives here in the Upper Peninsula? It could be summed up in two words: Ice melts. Ice melts on the bays. Ice turns blue, shaky, unstable. Don’t walk on it. Turn, instead, toward … Continue reading
Gentle reader, We’ve now reached Week 3 of this Gratitude series. This week something happened. I hesitate to tell you what. It might offend your sensibilities. Literally, this might stink. It is a very sh*tty blog. But let us persevere! … Continue reading
In mid-summer the Main Street in our little town buzzes with cars and visitors. People from other locales sometimes drive hundreds of miles north to splash in Lake Superior, to camp in the Baraga State Park, to tour the Copper … Continue reading