Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
November 2015 S M T W T F S « Jun 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 432,862 views
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Until we meet again, my friends…
- 100% Backwoods Yooper
- Itching relentlessly
- Jagged ice fields of Lake Superior
- Sprinkling petals atop snow
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
Tag Archives: ice fishing
Here’s what just happened. I was out reading your blogs, buzzing here and there in the blogosphere for the past hour or so, when suddenly a Fierce Desire struck. I’m never sure what to do about these Fierce Desires to … Continue reading
Picture this. Ice fishing over 280 feet of water on Lake Superior. Floating on 18 inches of ice. Convinced by husband to leave warm house on Easter morning. No one else on ice, except one lone snowmobiler. Everyone else at … Continue reading
Last week I opened the mailbox to discover a long white envelope with a return address from Connecticut. It was from an Internet friend, Susan, whose fourth grade students are learning about watersheds and how they can positively impact our … Continue reading
1. Since last Tuesday I have been a wild & crazy blog writer sharing everything from the deeply profound to the mundane. The internal blog writer has something to say every five minutes. Am considering hog-tying her so I can … Continue reading
Barry’s ice fishing buddy, Mike Roth, took these photos of Lake Superior last Wednesday. I feel like he’s our Roving Correspondent in the Air as he shared these aerial photos last winter. Mike owns a small two-seater plane and likes … Continue reading
You can’t be part of a 30-day Gratitude Challenge around here without feeling gratitude for this place where we live. Feeling gratitude for the woods. For the million trees. For the deer and bear and squirrels hunkering down in the … Continue reading