Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Jagged ice fields of Lake Superior
- Sprinkling petals atop snow
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
- Tea on deck; perfect autumn afternoon
- Tribe of weirdos?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 409,101 times readers paused by Lake Superior Spirit's blog shores
Tag Archives: woods
Today I shall tell you the story of one bright shining magical yellow leaf. Before that tale births, may I share other stories of waves, sand, trees, autumn colors, and who knows what else? Last weekend we drove east and … Continue reading
I spend seconds, minutes, hours, days, watching leaves on our forest trees. Electric early-summer leaves in shades of velvet green and lime green and verdant green. Leaves fluttering. Leaves lying stock-still, not phased by any ruffling wind. Leaves kissed by … Continue reading
Last night Barry revved up the lawn mower. The Husqvarna tractor chugged around the house, the blades trimming grass and clover and weeds and wildflowers, when–unexpectedly–I heard a loud crash. Barry continued to drive the mower over to the shed … Continue reading
Happy weekend, readers. The last day of May beckons. I just slapped a mosquito here in the house, ending its short buzzing life. They rise in clouds in the woods, singing their blood-sucking songs. Barry thinks I exaggerate about the … Continue reading
Even though this long winter continues to snow and blow and freeze and fuss, I still think an icy snowfall sparkles beautifully. This morning, captured under the glow of our deck light, heavy wet snow dressed the woods in grandeur … Continue reading
Merry Christmas, dear readers, from our snowy Little House in the Big Woods in Aura, Upper Peninsula, Michigan, just a dozen owl hoots from the nearest four-way stop. I wish you the happiest of holidays. May you enjoy this season … Continue reading