Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
April 2015 S M T W T F S « Mar 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- 100% Backwoods Yooper
- Itching relentlessly
- Jagged ice fields of Lake Superior
- Sprinkling petals atop snow
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
- Tea on deck; perfect autumn afternoon
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
Tag Archives: wood stove
I. Stoking the wood stove hour after hour comforts me. The repetition feels soothing, logs clinking upon logs, flame burning, heat rising. II. Writing sentence after sentence burns the same way inside me. Joy builds with each unexpected word. Delight … Continue reading
Never mind the outside temperature. It brags 12 degrees (-11 C), shame on that thermometer at 4 p.m., Sunday afternoon. It’s shivered below zero for nights. Winter appears early in the north this year. Barry just departed the house. “Feels … Continue reading
Full cold steady stare of white moon’s face illuminates our wood room filling adventures. Sparkling snowflakes gleam against dark evergreens like fireflies. Soft and alive and diamond, then gone. We crank open the heavy wood room door. An endless winter … Continue reading