Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- Anticipating the August Upper Peninsula Book Tour!
- Slow down, you’re movin’ too fast, you got to make the morning last…
- “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.”
- My challenges with wood splitter motors and social media
- Don’t be afraid to scale down beside waterfalls.
- Whimsy in the Upper Peninsula
- Let’s not even talk about mosquitoes.
- Murder in the north woods
- Cry, cry, cry
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 377,241 hits
Author Archives: Kathy
OK, I can almost hear you wondering. What? She’s gone and wrote a book and didn’t tell us about it? Rest easy, dear reader. When and if I write a book you’ll surely know six months in advance! However, I … Continue reading
Sitting in a quiet house this morning sipping hot dark coffee with soy creamer from a deep blue mug. Not running hither and yon, caught up in the what-must-be-done-next. Excuse me, I will wander out on the deck to give … Continue reading
Recently a friend shared this quote from Abraham Lincoln: “I don’t like that man. I must get to know him better.” I like that quote. For many years it was my mantra. “I don’t like (fill in the blank)…therefore, I … Continue reading
I could tell you stories. Every walk in nature writes a novella. If you look carefully you can find the characters, the plot, the resolution. Would you like to read four short stories? (I promise they shall be short.) At … Continue reading
Goodness, the last two weeks have flown by like an eagle diving for lake trout. (OK, that’s may be the weirdest metaphor I’ve ever typed.) Goodness, it’s so very challenging when our grown children fly off into the friendly skies … Continue reading
So Karma suggested a photo challenge: Whimsy. (Click on the link to find her challenge.) My heart immediately melted because I LOVE whimsy. What, you ask, is whimsy? Google says: whim·sy ˈ(h)wimzē/ noun playfully quaint or fanciful behavior or humor. … Continue reading
1. Let’s not even talk about the mosquitoes this year. If you look out the bathroom window at 10 p.m. (assuming you are awake) you can count 35 hungry mosquitoes buzzing and buzzing and begging to come in the house to … Continue reading
Dear readers, I wrote this post back in early May, but did not publish it. Was about to delete it, but sent it to a friend just for kicks before scrapping it. She loved it. She insisted it was a … Continue reading