Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- “Keeps on keepin’ on”
- A mountain man lives in my mom’s basement.
- Is home where the heart is?
- Sleeping beneath the Mackinac Bridge last night
- All you bunnies out there…
- Ice fishing, robins, winner, Easter
- Keep giving away…
- Squirrel and chickadee love, February snow, and healing silence
- Palm trees, egrets, shrimp boats (and home again, home again, jiggety jig)
- Imagine you’re 90 years old.
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
The times folks have paused along Lake Superior Spirit's shores since 2010
- 485,161 views
Tag Archives: community
I just enjoyed a lovely week in downstate Michigan with my parents. This is the childhood home where my two brothers and I grew up in Yale, Michigan. Yale lies about twenty-one miles from blue Lake Huron with its freighters … Continue reading
Imagine you’re a six-year-old in 1911. You live on a farm about a mile from the nearest neighbor. It’s time for you to be educated, Ma says. You’ve got new shoes–your first shoes ever–and you’ll walk with your big brother … Continue reading
How unexpectedly Death can knock on one’s door and steal away a loved one, a friend, a co-worker. One minute you can be talking and laughing and joking and making fun of what’s right and not right in the world…and … Continue reading
First, let’s get the definition straight. If a person is weird, what the heck does that mean? A Google search revealed these synonyms: strange – odd – peculiar – quaint – uncanny – bizarre. Now that we *almost* know the … Continue reading
1. It’s over. 2. When will the next election hoopla begin? 3. Will our country be saved? 4. Will our country be ruined? 5. Will our country continue to plod along with some brilliant moves interspersed with awful decisions? 6. … Continue reading
Yesterday morning I woke up to discover the death of a Facebook friend. We’ve been watching her die slowly on Facebook for the past several weeks. She actually friended me about a month ago. She was the daughter of my … Continue reading
Hi, I’m Kathy (a Kathy, I should say). I may not live on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, but what I lack in geography I hope to make up for in name. As regular readers of “Lake Superior Spirit” know, the Kathy … Continue reading