Want to find another post? Search & see what you find.
Oh how the months speed by…
The latest from Our Little House in the Big Woods
- 100% Backwoods Yooper
- Itching relentlessly
- Jagged ice fields of Lake Superior
- Sprinkling petals atop snow
- Where the heck ARE you, anyway?
- Battened down, eating sweet squash pie & not blogging much
- One bright magical shining leaf that was known as Camelot
- Wolf, waves, coyotes, rain, wine, goose, friends.
- The grandkittens grow up into grandcats
- Tea on deck; perfect autumn afternoon
Read, read, read…months and months of photos and words…
- 412,095 times readers paused by Lake Superior Spirit's blog shores
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Did any of your mothers ever tell you: “If your friend jumped off a cliff, would you?” Your mother meant: “Hey, kid! Think for yourself! Don’t just be a follower. Don’t jump in the lake in January just because your … Continue reading
Yoko Onomaki and John Lennoniemi (you have to realize that lots of the Finns who settled around the Upper Peninsula have last names like “Maki” and “Niemi”) handed out the words to the song they sang: “Imagine … Continue reading
I have been thinking about the things we don’t share. We all know what we share. We share about good things, happy things, pondering things, challenging things…but what don’t we share? It’s always interesting to look at what we don’t … Continue reading
Look closer at everything you see. Patterns reveal themselves everywhere! Repeated spirals, repeated movements, repeated colors, repeated spirals, repeated beautiful patterns. Nature patterns itself endlessly, and we humans do, too. What is it about patterns that appeals to us? What … Continue reading
I suppose you think I’m talking about shooting rabbits, right? Making booyah (as they call rabbit stew around here, even though Wikipedia says it’s made with beef, chicken or pork). Or maybe you think we’ve shot a deer and we’re … Continue reading